Amended: 02 Jul 2018
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd respects the privacy of all its customers and business partners, and treats personal information provided by you as confidential. We use Customer Data in order to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, distinctive and customized experience with Orchid Hotel.
Collection of Personal Data
In general, most of the pages of this site are provided for information purposes. You will be able to use this site without providing personal data to Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd. There will be times when personal data are required for a particular service, we will request you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need.
You may always choose what personal data you wish to provide to us. However, some of your experiences with Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd may be affected due to lack of certain information (for example, we are unable to process a reservation without passport details).
Disclosures of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will not be disclosed to third party, except for usage within Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd and business partners who provide administration, telecommunications, payment, fulfilment or other services to Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd to facilitate your requests or provide you with goods and services you require and for the purposes stated under the request.
Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd reserves the right to disclose any personal data and information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a government entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property. We also reserve the right to retain information collected and to process such information to comply with the accounting and tax rules and regulations.
Types of Personal Data We Collect
The data we collect includes but is not limited to:
- Full name (as per any identification card or passport), gender, date of birth, contact information, passport details and visa information;
- Guest stay and booking information, including the channel where you have made your booking, goods and services purchased, special requests made, stay preferences, telephone numbers dialed, faxes, telephone and other messages receive;
- Travel information, such as date of arrival and departure, flight details (for arrival and/or departure), ticket numbers, destinations;
- Your credit card, mobile payment and other payment details;
- Contact information, such as mailing address, phone number, email address;
- Information about your interactions with our staff, such as the details of any compliment or complaint cases, incident reports of any nature, call details and other information relevant to assist our staff to service you;
- Information we receive from the queries you enter into our enquiry form on the website, social media pages or sent through direct email;
How we collect data from you
Orchid Hotel collects personal data (including where applicable sensitive personal data), either directly from you or from your authorized representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorized and/or persons who have been validly identified as being your authorized representative)
Orchid Hotel also collects personal data from third parties which are located in various countries. This includes, but is not limited to, offline and online travel agents, corporate partners, service providers, through our website, mobile services, any posts on Orchid Hotel specific pages on social media and other channels.
Usage of Personal Data
By providing Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd with your personal data, you consent to the Hotel using your personal data for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To process and assist you with any transactions related to your booking (e.g. making a booking, fulfilling such booking and investigating potential fraudulent transactions);
- To be used for direct marketing communications such as direct-mail, email, telephone calls and SMS containing new, offers, promotions events and other information to be offered by Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd;
- To respond to your enquiries, requests or feedback;
- To customize your user experience with the Hotel and to determine your satisfaction with services provided by the Hotel;
- Aggregate Customer Data into anonymized statistical data which will be used for statistical analysis (so that we can better understand Orchid Hotel’s customer profile and improve on the service offering);
You may at any time opt-out from receiving marketing communications, without any prerequisite, by following the “opt-out” instructions contained in the communications or contact Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd directly.
Orchid Hotel will retain personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, the legal or business purposes of Orchid Hotel, or as required by relevant laws.
Changes to the Policy
From time to time, Orchid Hotel Pte Ltd may modify this Policy to ensure that it is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Any changes to this Policy will be updated on the website and updated versions will include the date of the revision at the end of this Policy. Changes to be policy will be with effect upon posting of the revised version. Use of the website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy. Please check regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
This Policy is in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA). It is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.